Berkman Wins Early Career Award

Lab Director Dr. Berkman has won a 2018 Janet Taylor Spence Award for Transformative Early Career Contributions from the Association of Psychological Science! The announcement states that the Award “celebrates the many new and cutting edge ideas coming out of the most creative and promising investigators who embody the future of psychological science.” In hisĀ interview, Dr. Berkman writes about what winning the award means to him:

On a personal level, winning this award is compelling evidence that Imposter Syndrome exists at every career stage. It is humbling to be among the deeply impressive group of past and current winners. I do not feel I belong on the list! Professionally, I am glad that the type of work I do at the interface of social neuroscience and health and clinical psychology is appreciated by the wider field. I hope to use the award as an opportunity to draw attention to the innovative and impactful science that is happening in translational neuroscience. We think of the Center for Translational Neuroscience as only the most recent incarnation of a long tradition of creative integration between neuroscience and psychology at the UO led by people such as Jerry Patterson, Mike Posner, Steve Keele, Mary Rothbart, Helen Neville, and Don Tucker.

Congratulations, Dr. Berkman!

About Elliot Berkman

Associate Professor of Psychology at the University of Oregon Director of the Social and Affective Neuroscience Lab Associate Director of the Center for Translational Neuroscience
This entry was posted in News. Bookmark the permalink.